This course takes you through an overview of rabbit veterinary care as well as delving into more detail on anaesthesia, dentistry and nursing. We will teach vet and nurse streams to concentrate on particular areas, in lectures, small group teaching and problem solving. This course counts for 6 hours of certified CPD. We will be running this course at one of the UK veterinary schools after the exam season - please contact us to register your interest!
Rabbits are the third most common species encountered in UK companion animal practice. This course will take you through the essential subjects that are necessary to see these patients on a day to day basis. We will also be taking you deeper into the detail of some subjects through a mix of lectures, small group sessions and practical teaching.:
- Rabbit husbandry - how to prevent disease with ease!
- Rabbit nursing care - both in the consult room and the hospital
- General anaesthesia - sensible steps to safer anaesthesia
- Dental surgery and management of dental disease
- Techniques to help you assess and manage abscess cases
- Practical techniques and use of monitoring equipment
- How to create a rabbit friendly practice
Group sizes will be kept small to make sure that you get the most possible out of the day. A great lunch is included and lots of refreshment breaks to keep you going!
The next date and location for this course will soon be set. We will be running this course again after the exam season at one of the UK vet schools - please contact us or keep an eye on this website and our facebook page for more details!