This is a general course to take you through an overview of rabbit veterinary care as well as delving into some more detail on anaesthesia, dentistry and nursing. These subjects are important for both vets and nurses to be aware of. Veterinary and nursing students are also more than welcome. This course counts for 6 hours of certified CPD.
Rabbits are the third most common species encountered in UK companion animal practice. This course will take you through the essential subjects that are necessary to see these patients on a day to day basis. We will also be taking you deeper into the detail of some subjects through a mix of lectures, small group sessions and practical teaching:
- Preventative healthcare - how to prevent disease with ease!
- General anaesthesia - sensible steps to safer anaesthesia
- Dental surgery and abscess management
- Common problems - how to diagnose and treat
- Rabbit nursing care - husbandry, handling, monitoring and more!
- Rabbit friendly practices - hints, tips and simple changes.
A great lunch is included and lots of refreshment breaks to keep you going! By the end of this course you should have a good holistic understanding of the basics of rabbit veterinary care. This allows you to apply existing clinical skills to this species and begin to look forward (yes, really!) to seeing this species in practice!
We will be running our next Rabbit Roundup course later in 2019 - please contact us to register your interest